Financial Planning Unlimited, Inc. was formed in 1981 by Norman Peterson, who served as President. The office building was purchased the next year, and we have been at this same location ever since.
As a local firm, we have strong professional relationships and tireless commitment to the individuals, families, businesses and organizations in our community. We network with other professionals such as bankers, real estate agents, attorneys, Medicare agents, mortgage brokers, CPAs and attorneys so that we can give you a financial plan that leaves no stone unturned.
As an independent firm, we have no ulterior motive or products to ‘sell’ - our only goal is to objectively provide you with a financial plan that meets your needs. We will help whether you have $500 or $5 million to invest as everyone needs to start somewhere.
Our mission is to partner with our clients along their journey to financial success by understanding individual needs, wants and long-term goals. We believe in thinking “out of the box” and we are not afraid to challenge conventional wisdom in our approach to investing and preserving wealth. All of our energy, commitment and efforts are focused on you, the client, and your satisfaction.
At Financial Planning Unlimited, Inc. we believe that a strong advisor-client relationship is built on open communication, transparency and having the clients’ best interests in mind. Our team is dedicated to upholding these core values:
- We pride ourselves on reliable, honest and ethical work.
- We respect each individual’s financial journey and goals.
- We strive to provide a friendly environment with excellent customer care.
- We are passionate about helping to simplify our client’s financial lives.
- We consider each individual’s overall financial scenario and narrow down to the specifics ensuring the services provided are in the client’s best interest.
- We are dedicated to growing and evolving our business to provide the greatest value to our clients.
- We are upfront about any fees for services we are providing.
1. Establish clear objectives for the client-planner relationship
2. Gather information on the client’s total financial situation, including short and long term goals
3. Analyze and evaluate financial status and objectives, what they own and why they own it
4. Develop and present recommendations and alternatives to better meet the client’s objectives and risk profile
5. Implement the financial planning recommendations that are appropriate
6. Monitor accounts and make adjustments as needed to meet the client’s changing situation.